ROL ADVISOR TERMS OF SERVICE
Please read these Terms fully and carefully before using the Services, because these Terms form a legally binding contract between you and ROL Advisor for your use of the Services. We provide you with access to and use of the Services subject to your compliance with these Terms. By using the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you are a financial advisor accessing the Services on behalf of your customer or another entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to agree to these Terms on their behalf.
By registering for the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Services. We reserve the right to change our eligibility criteria at any time, and to refuse to offer the Services to anyone for any reason or no reason at all. You are solely responsible for ensuring that these Terms comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations (collectively, “Laws”), and your right to use the Services is revoked wherever these Terms, your use of the Services, or any part of the Services conflicts with any Laws.
- Registration and Responsibilities
You are solely responsible for keeping the email address associated with your membership accurate and up to date (“Membership”), since this is the only way we can contact you about your Membership and your use of the Services. You promise not to (i) intentionally impersonate another person by using their name and/or email address or (ii) use an email address for which you don’t have the proper authorization. You must keep your password secure and should never publish, distribute or post your Membership login information, because you are responsible for any activity that occurs on your Membership. You promise to immediately let us know if there is any unauthorized use of your Membership, security breach, or change in your eligibility to use the Services. You can terminate your Membership by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your desire to terminate your Membership.
- ROL Advisor’s Proprietary Rights
Any information, data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics and interactive features generated, provided or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services (collectively, “Content”) are ROL Advisor’s property or that of our suppliers or licensors, and are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and Laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any Content that you access through the Services. Subject to these Terms, we grant you a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., to download and display locally) Content solely for purposes of using the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for purposes other than using the Services is expressly prohibited without our prior written permission. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right. We can, but do not have to, (a) remove, edit or modify any Content in our sole discretion at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including without limitation if we think you may have violated these Terms or upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content) or for no reason at all or (b) to remove or block any Content from the Services.
- Acceptable Use
As a condition of your use of the Services, you agree to use the Services only for lawful purposes and to comply with these Terms and all Laws. You also agree to respect the privacy and secure information of other users of the Services.
You agree not to, and shall not allow anyone else to (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate the distribution of any Content, including without limitation your information, on or through the Service, that:
- includes anyone else’s identification documents or sensitive financial information;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, right of privacy or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- impersonates, intimidates or harasses any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”); or
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion.
You are further prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Services or ROL Advisor’s other systems or network security, including without limitation the following:
- accessing data not intended for users of the Services;
- gaining unauthorized access to Membership, server or any other computer system;
- attempting to or engaging in, directly or indirectly, probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures;
- attempting to interfere with the function of the Services or the Services’ host or network, including without limitation by submitting, directly or indirectly, any Content or your information that contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of ours or of any third party;
- sending altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including without limitation “spoofing” or “phishing”; or
- forging any TCP/IP packet header.
- Links to Third Party Sites
- Payments and Billing
- Paying. We accept credit card payments for use of the ROL Advisor service through our third-party payment processor, Stripe https://stripe.com/us/terms. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of Stripe in addition to these Terms. We are not responsible for Stripe’s error. By choosing to use the ROL Advisor service, you agree to pay us, through Stripe, all charges at the prices then in effect for use of such ROL Advisor service and you authorize us to have your credit card charged by Stripe. The terms of your payment may be determined by agreements between you and your credit card company. If we, through Stripe, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay any amounts due upon demand.
- Billing. ROL Advisor will bill any fees associated with your use of the ROL Advisor service plus any applicable tax to the credit card you provide. By signing up for the ROL Advisor service, you acknowledge that the fees associated with your use of the ROL Advisor service will be automatically billed again on each renewal date thereafter unless and until you cancel your use of and access to the ROL Advisor service. YOU AGREE THAT CONSISTENT RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION FEES MAY BE CHARGED AUTOMATICALLY BY US WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE COULD REASONABLY ACT. TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD, LOG INTO YOUR ROL ADVISOR SERVICE, CLICK ON “PROFILE” AND UPDATE YOUR BILLING PREFERENCES
- Current Payment Information Required. You are responsible for keeping your credit card information current, complete and updated. If your credit card reaches its expiration date, we may attempt to contact you to update your payment information using your primary email address associated with your Membership. You agree to promptly notify us and your credit card company if your credit card is canceled (e.g., for loss or theft) or if you become aware of potential breach of security. You agree that we (via Stripe) may continue charging your credit card for the ROL Advisor service unless you have terminated your access to the ROL Advisor service or you tell us to use a different credit card before the end of the applicable billing period. If any fee is not paid in a timely manner, or Stripe is unable to process your transaction using the credit card information you provided for payment, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the ROL Advisor service.
You may cancel your Membership and/or your use of and access to the ROL Advisor service at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. Cancellation is governed by the following terms:
Monthly Members: You can cancel with 10 days’ notice. Cancellation within 10 days of the current month billing period will take effect the following billing period.
Annual Members: You can exit with 10 days’ notice and we will issue a refund for 50% of the pro-rated amount. For example, if you exit with 4 months left on your annual agreement, you’ll receive a refund for 2 months (4 months x 50% = 2 months). Cancellation within 10 days of the current month billing period will take effect the following billing period.
- Warranty Disclaimer
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Sites will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Sites for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SITES, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITES, ITS CONTENT, AND THE SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH SITES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL CONTENT, INFORMATION, FUNCTION, AND MATERIALS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, USEFULNESS, RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WE, AND OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICES WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, FREE FROM HACKING OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICES.
OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW, IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ROL ADVISOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR MATERIALS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR THIRD PARTY SITE, OR BY YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH A THIRD PARTY SITE. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVALUATING THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, RESULTS, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR OBTAINED THROUGH A THIRD PARTY SITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC OPINION, ADVICE, PRODUCT, SERVICE, MATERIALS OR OTHER INFORMATION. NO ADVICE, OPINION, RESULTS, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates and each of our and their respective employees, contractors, directors, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Services, Content, or otherwise from your information, violation of these Terms, or infringement by you, or any third party using your Membership or identity in the Services, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU, HEIRS, SUCCESSORS OR YOUR ESTATE FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COMPENSATORY, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO (I) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, CONTENT, MATERIALS AND FUNCTIONS RELATED THERETO, (II) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR LOSS, CORRUPTION OR ALTERATION OF YOUR INFORMATION, DATA, TRANSMISSIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION, (III) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION) (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR USING THE SERVICES, (V) ROL ADVISOR’S ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS IN RELIANCE UPON YOUR MEMBERSHIP OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND ANY CHANGES THERETO OR NOTICES RECEIVED THEREFROM, (VI) YOUR FAILURE TO PROTECT THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR INFORMATION OR ANY PASSWORDS OR ACCESS RIGHTS TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP, (VII) THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY USING OR INTEGRATING THE SERVICES OR (VIII) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, ANTICIPATED PROFITS, GOODWILL, LOST BUSINESS, USE, DATA, SALES, COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (HOWEVER ARISING), EVEN IF ROL ADVISOR OR ITS REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; OR (B) ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) OF THE GREATER OF (A) FEES PAID TO US FOR THE PARTICULAR SERVICES DURING THE IMMEDIATELY PREVIOUS THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD OR (B) $500.00.
- LIMITATION ON TIME TO FILE CLAIMS
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE SITES MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- Dispute Resolution
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of the state of Wisconsin, including its conflicts of law rules, and the United States of America. You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of these Terms shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of Wisconsin.
We can modify, amend, change or replace any of the terms, conditions or provisions of these Terms, or change, suspend or discontinue the Services (including without limitation the availability of any feature, database or content) at any time by replacing these Terms on the Site and by sending you a notice via email. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes, and to keep your email address current. Your continued use of the Services following notification of any changes to these Terms constitutes acceptance of those changes. If you disagree with the new terms, please stop using the Services. In the unlikely event that we discontinue the Services, we will notify you to allow you to export your information.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms and all other ROL Advisor agreements and policies expressly incorporated by reference, each as may be amended or modified by ROL Advisor in accordance with its terms from time to time, together constitute the entire agreement between you and us and govern your use of the Services, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and agreements of any kind between you and us with respect to the Services. If any incorporated agreements or policies conflict with these Terms, these Terms shall control.
- Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations under these Terms where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
- Waiver and Severability. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms. Waiver of compliance in any particular instances does not mean that we will waive compliance in the future. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- These Terms are personal to you, and you may not assign, transfer or sublicense any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without ROL Advisor’s express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
- No Relationship. No agency, partnership, joint venture or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect.
Contact: You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAST MODIFIED: 01/07/2020